Estonian Museum Association
Veski 32, Tartu, phone 735 0412
Info in Tallinn: Pikk 70, phone 641 1410
Maarjamäe or Orlov’s Palace was commissioned by Count Anatoli Orlov-Davydov from St. Petersburg. The historicist limestone summer residence on the seashore was designed by architect Robert Gödicke. In the 1930s the building housed a magnificent restaurant – the Riviera Palace. In 1937 the Estonian Air force Flying School obtained the building, the Soviet Army took over in 1940. The restored palace opened its doors to the public as a branch museum of the Estonian History Museum in 1987.
Permanent and temporary exhibitions about Estonian history.
Back to the list